Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Baking for Love


This is my cute cousin Valerie. Okay, she's not technically my cousin. She's my cousin-in-law's cousin. In other words, my cousin married her cousin. Got it? Okay good. Valerie is a seriously cool chick, so when she asked me to give her a baking lesson, I knew it would be fun times.

She is not only cool, but smart, and knows, as we all do, that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. This being the case, she wanted to make her boyfriend a red velvet cake for Valentine's Day. Such a cute idea! So we got together and I guided Valerie through the whole baking process. For someone who admits that the only baking she usually does is cutting up a roll of Pillsbury cookie dough and throwing it in the oven, she did a great job! Here are some pics of Valerie and her cute cake.

A cute apron makes anyone a more confident baker.


These were the vanilla beans we pulled out of our batter. We might possibly have sucked them clean after pulling them out. Just maybe.


Look at that red batter!


It wouldn't be red velvet without cream cheese frosting!


Look at that concentration!


I got found these adorable heart sprinkles at the cake decorating store and was glad Valerie found a use for them!


So cute!


Yay, Valerie! Two thumbs up for sure. Hope the boyfriend enjoys the cake!! It was definitely made with lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment