Sunday, February 6, 2011

What a Hoot


When I got a call about doing cupcakes for a woodland creatures/owl themed baby shower I got really excited. I love doing projects that let me get really artistic, so this was fun. I get a lot of my ideas by looking on the internet, and boy oh boy, what a treasure trove! Hoooooooo knew how many cute owl cupcakes there were out there? (Get it? hooooooo knew? Like an owl? I'm so clever, you might say I am quite a hoot ;) I sent a handful of the pictures I liked to my client, Tonia, and she picked out this one that she liked best:

She wanted me to use the colors brown, cream, and blue, so I reimagined the internet cupcakes into the ones at the top of the page. I think they turned out pretty cute, and I have to say I like my color combo better than the originals ;)

Here are some close ups of the different cupcakes:



No comments:

Post a Comment