Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hello Kitty Baby Shower

A friend of mine threw a babyshower and hired me to do a cake and favors. The shower had a Hello Kitty/zebra stripe/hot pink theme, which gave me a fun palate to work with. I really love having a theme or colors to work with (it gets my creative juices flowing and gives me a great jumping off point), so this was a fun project. She wanted the favors to be a tasty take-home treat and we decided on Hello Kitty cookies, which were vanilla sugar cookies with vanilla icing and a scalloped fondant circle and HK's cute face in the middle! Individual baggies and bows made these cookies a special gift for all the guests invited. Rosie sent me a picture of the adorable table they set up featuring the cake, gifts and a few of the cookies. I think they did a wonderful job of planning an adorable shower and I always love seeing my desserts in context!

No comments:

Post a Comment