Sunday, March 20, 2011

Brothers & Sisters Viewing Party


You might remember from this post or from my weeks (ok, maybe months) of shameless self promotion on facebook that my cupcakes were going to be making their big debut on ABC's Brothers & Sisters. Well, they did! I thought the only appropriate way to celebrate was to view the show with some good friends and good cupcakes. So I hosted a viewing party and used it as a chance to experiment with some new cupcake flavors.


These two actually aren't new. One is chocolate cake with vanilla frosting an the other is chocolate cake with raspberry filling and chocolate swirl frosting. It's a take on that chocolate raspberry cake I made a few months ago. Yum!


Then this one is a pink lemonade cupcake. It's a lemon cake with frosting that has both lemon juice and blood orange juice in it (that's what made it pink!). This one was pretty tasty. I love blood oranges.


This one was a special request from my friend, Rosie. It's a maple Bacon cupcake with turbinado sugar and sea salt on top. If you like bacon, you would love this one. It also makes it totally justifiable to eat a cupcake for breakfast, which is a win in my book ;)

This one is my favorite. It's a chocolate cupcake with coconut buttercream filling, dipped in chocolate ganache and topped with sugary coconut flakes. YUMMO!!! This one is to die for if I do say so myself.

If anyone would like to try any of these let me know!

And if you haven't seen the episode and would like to watch Sally Field carry my cupcakes across the screen, here is the link to the episode on Hulu!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/221383/brothers-and-sisters-home-is-where-the-fort-is

No comments:

Post a Comment